What's New > ESTA Standard Watch March 29, 2019
March 29, 2019
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Licensure and low-voltage wiring in Texas.
- Eight ESTA TSP documents in public review.
- Amendment of Part 15 of the FCC's rules affecting white-space devices and wireless mics.
- WTO TBTs: new US controls on 28 chemicals; US rules for lithium batteries on aircraft; Cuban telecommunications equipment; Slovenian mead; 3ϕmotors in Thailand; Hungarian fire regulations
- ANSI public reviews: public safety grade site hardening; four standard welding procedure specifications; national green building standard; IES measuring solid-state lighting products; heavy duty grating manual; flashlight performance; personal fall arrest connectors; lithium battery safety; NEMA selection of motors and generators; wet SCOF and DCOF of walking surfaces.
- New ANS projects: photoluminescent markings; solid-state lighting controls; hand-operated hoists in entertainment; IES characterization of LED light engines and lamps; IES measuring light output of LED sources; IES photometric testing of entertainment luminaires; Fortran; C.
- Final approvals of ANSs: performance floor slipperiness; mobile audio amplifiers.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: DALI part104; community resilience; method of describing amputation stumps; 15 controlgear safety requirement fragments; lamp starters; miscellaneous luminaire circuits; lamp controlgear for discharge lamps, fluorescent lams, filament lamps, LED modules; smart sensors, non-active mode power measurement; light flicker; industrial automation devices and systems reliability; industrial communication networks.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: sound system measurements; quality assessment for national libraries; breakdown voltage with anodized aluminium; accessible design; lifts for people and goods; lossy/lossless image coding; certification of software and systems; more standards for lifts for people and goods.
- TSP meeting schedule for July.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →