posted on 7:58 AM, March 29, 2019
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Licensure and low-voltage wiring in Texas.
- Eight ESTA TSP documents in public review.
- Amendment of Part 15 of the FCC's rules affecting white-space devices and wireless mics.
- WTO TBTs: new US controls on 28 chemicals; US rules for lithium batteries on aircraft; Cuban telecommunications equipment; Slovenian mead; 3ϕmotors in Thailand; Hungarian fire regulations
- ANSI public reviews: public safety grade site hardening; four standard welding procedure specifications; national green building standard; IES measuring solid-state lighting products; heavy duty grating manual; flashlight performance; personal fall arrest connectors; lithium battery safety; NEMA selection of motors and generators; wet SCOF and DCOF of walking surfaces.
- New ANS projects: photoluminescent markings; solid-state lighting controls; hand-operated hoists in entertainment; IES characterization of LED light engines and lamps; IES measuring light output of LED sources; IES photometric testing of entertainment luminaires; Fortran; C.
- Final approvals of ANSs: performance floor slipperiness; mobile audio amplifiers.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: DALI part104; community resilience; method of describing amputation stumps; 15 controlgear safety requirement fragments; lamp starters; miscellaneous luminaire circuits; lamp controlgear for discharge lamps, fluorescent lams, filament lamps, LED modules; smart sensors, non-active mode power measurement; light flicker; industrial automation devices and systems reliability; industrial communication networks.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: sound system measurements; quality assessment for national libraries; breakdown voltage with anodized aluminium; accessible design; lifts for people and goods; lossy/lossless image coding; certification of software and systems; more standards for lifts for people and goods.
- TSP meeting schedule for July.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.