Every year, Actsafe runs a week-long campaign focused on preventing workplace injuries related to a specific risk in BC’s Arts & Entertainment industry. The goal is to engage, educate and enable employers and workers in the film, performing arts and live events industry to make British Columbia the safest and healthiest arts & entertainment workplaces in the world.
SLIPS, TRIPS AND FALLS
- Educational workshop – preventing slips, trips, and falls on stage and around a set production (presented by Actsafe Safety Advisors & WorkSafeBC)
- Boot truck – on-site safety footwear and fittings (sponsored by Work Authority)
- Food truck – free lunch (generously supplied by Teamsters 155)
- VR training demo – unique, interactive Virtual Reality Simulation Safety Training demo (courtesy of Motive.io.)
- Mini tradeshow – WorkSafeBC and Work Authority tables, providing valuable resources and information
- Prizes – The first 25 people through the doors will receive an Actsafe safety swag bag and various other prizes to be given away throughout the day
These events are both free and exclusively for people from BC Arts and Entertainment industry only. Registration is mandatory due to venue capacity restrictions.
Date: November 21, 2023
Time: 2:00 – 3:00 PM (including Q&A)
This session focuses on the hazards that are typical for the arts and entertainment industry and how employers and workers can work together to reduce these hazards and create a safer workplace. An updated Slips, Trips and Falls Toolbox Talk is included to guide workers and supervisors on appropriate controls for general hazards pertaining to slips, trips and falls.
Date: November 24, 2023
Time: 8:30 AM – 1:30 PM
In-person: 4259 Canada Wy Unit 140, Burnaby, BC V5G 1H1
8:30 AM – 9:30 AM: Registrations and Meet & Greet
9:30 AM – 11:00 AM: Slips, Trips and Falls Workshop: What’s wrong with this picture?
11:00 AM – 11:30 AM: Coffee Break
11:30 AM – 12:30 PM: Lunch and Safety Footwear fitting
12:30 PM – 1:30 PM: VR Simulation Safety Training Demo