This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Technical
The Arden Theatre has gained an international reputation for excellence. Busy over 200 days of the year, the Arden Theatre is home to over 150 events playing to more than 65,000 patrons annually.
The City of St. Albert is currently seeking to hire a casual Theatre Technician to support the theatre sound system of a variety of productions in the Arden Theatre (includes over a 150 professional series and community events each season). This position is responsible for the smooth operation of all aspects of the audio system including digital and analogue consoles, as well as having a good knowledge of other technical aspects in the theatre (lighting, video, rigging and fly system). This position requires a team player with a great attitude and a willingness to be assigned any technical duty required.
- Completion of a 2 year post-secondary program in Recording/Audio or Theatre Production with a focus on the live audio applications of theatre or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in the theatre business with focus on audio.
- A familiarity with Microsoft Office and Auto CAD, knowledge of Midi Show Control programs and SIA SmaartLive. Experience with multi track recording would also be an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License is required, and Fall Arrest, First aid, AED, and Arial Platform certifications are all an additional asset.
HOURS OF WORK
- Hours will be variable.
- This position will work approximately 18-24 hours per week throughout the year from January to June; and again in September through part of December.
$21.53-$26.20 per hour based on qualifications and experience.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a clear vulnerable sector police information check.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume via the City of St. Albert Employment website www.stalbert.ca/employment
March 4, 2016
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Salary: $21.53-$26.20 per hour
City of St. Albert Employment website www.stalbert.ca/employment
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a fast paced, creative, dynamic and energetic environment? St. Albert is a city rich in arts and heritage, with superior cultural opportunities for the enjoyment and learning of many. The Cultural Services Department strives to provide positive experiences in several areas, including visual and performing arts, as well as the Arden Theatre, International Children’s Festival and St. Albert Children’s Theatre.