This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: Technical
The Arts Club Theatre Company is currently accepting applications for the position of Part-time/ Regular Theatre Rental Technician. This position will work under the I.A.T.S.E collective agreement and will report to the Rentals Manager and will be responsible to the Technical Director or Stage Manager in the specific requirements of each production/rental. This is a part time union position and will start on or about October 6, 2014.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Lighting/sound operator
• Lighting and sound maintenance
• Supervision on strikes, hangs and focus sessions
• Record and edit show tapes and hard disc sound
• Assist in the maintenance of Arts Club Theatre buildings
• Liaise with rental clients as requested to assess technical requirements
• Assist in the preset and tear down of Arts Club productions
• Running crew of rentals and occasionally arts club productions
Specific skills will include, but not be limited to:
• Proficiency in programming and operation of computer and manual lighting boards
• Operation of sound equipment for both recorded and live purposes
• Experience with sound recording and video projection
• Heavy lifting will be required
• Ability to work at heights
Preference will be given for the following;
• LE (Limited Entertainment) Certificate
• Experience with Windows XP computer operating system and computer networking
• Proficiency with an ION lighting board
• Experience with Mac Operating Systems including QLAB and Isadora Software
• Class 5 drivers license
• At least two years’ experience working in technical theatre
The Rental Technician will be self-motivated, possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work in a team atmosphere. The ideal candidate will be a good communicator and able to think on their feet and meet the needs of “one-off” rentals under tight time constraints.
Hours of Work: The hours of work will vary. Applicants need to have a flexible schedule and need to be available for the occasional last minute call. Hours will be scheduled as needed with no minimum hours assured
Salary: Salary: as per the collective agreement.
Applicants are invited to submit their resumes to:
Human Resources Ma nager
1585 Johnston Street
Vancouver, BC V6H 3R9
We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Arts Club Theatre Company is Western Canada’s largest professional theatre company. Entering its 51st season, this not-for-profit charitable organization produces and presents year-round in three venues: the 200-seat Revue Stage; 450-seat Granville Island Stage; 630-seat Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage; and tours throughout the province.