This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, West Coast Division and to the Director of Technical Services, the position holder will be responsible to execute installation works, ensure the audiovisual equipment implementation for our permanent installation projects and support the Service Department.
• Install audiovisual equipment and accessories at the clients’ sites;
• Turn on the equipment and do some tests and validations according to standards, plans and specifications;
• Introduce the customers to the functioning of the equipment;
• Act as a Solotech’s representative at the client’s premises as well as with certain suppliers;
• Ensure the delivery trucks and the warehouse are tidy and neat;
• Keep the trucks’ merchandise inventory updated and in sufficient quantity;
• Be up to date regarding new products and technological developments in the audiovisual area;
• Ensure to respect health and safety rules and requirements applicable to the projects;
• Act as a team player to support the sales team’s efforts with drawings, schematics and system analysis.
May be asked to:
• Organize an assessment visit to the client when required;
• Assess and confirm the required hardware and wiring for the projects;
• Ensure to send any information related to changes to the concerned people;
• Ensure the availability of raw material required for the installation;
• Make daily and completed installation process reports by executing tests on site;
• Coordinate returns of equipment according to timelines;
• Coordinate the human resources upon installation, if required;
• Act as contact person for the client during installation.
• Go to the clients’ locations and assess defective equipment;
• Ensure a technical support;
• Assess time allocated for repairs with the equipment’s electronic plan;
• Repair breakages, troubleshoot and reactivate equipment at the client’s premises, if possible;
• Write reports on the completed works.
Knowledge about sound, lighting, video and/or videoconferencing equipment monitoring;
Knowledge in carpentry: chemical and mechanical anchoring, wiring works, hanging support installation, etc.;
Have the AV product manufacturer’s certification, an asset;
Knowledge of MS Office;
Have a valid driver’s licence as well as a good driver’s record. Have a vehicle for occasional travel;
Have a valid passport (an asset);
Be able to obtain the Federal Government Security Clearance;
Must be available to work on atypical schedules according to projects (early in the morning or late in the evening according to clients’ needs);
Good proficiency in English and French (an asset).
Excellent ability for customer approach;
Thorough sense of organisation and priority management;
Ability to analyse and solve issues;
Have tact and excellent abilities for customer approach;
Show initiative and autonomy;
Communicate in a clear and concise manner and adapt to different clientèle types;
Must be meticulous and ability to pay attention to detail.
Choose Solotech, is
Working for a North American leader within an entrepreneurial and innovative context;
Working in a dynamic environment with a team-oriented approach;
Choosing a recognised employer and a talent developer.
Workplace: Vancouver office located at 7475 Hedley Avenue, #205, Burnaby, BC, V5E 2R1
Salary: To discuss
Should your profile match the above-mentioned requirements, and if you wish to join the great SOLOTECH team, please send your CV at writing the job title in the subject.
SOLOTECH is committed to Employment Equity and the use of the masculine gender in this text includes the feminine gender and is used only to facilitate reading.