This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Other
Technical Director/Theatre Technician
Reporting to the Principal, the Theatre Technician will maintain and operate auditorium equipment and oversee lighting, sound, set construction and all technical aspects of production taking place within our performance spaces. The TD will also work collaboratively with staff to develop production schedules.
Summary of duties:
• Maintain a safe production environment
• Prepare a production schedule for performance spaces in consultation with the Arts departments
• Provide design services per the needs of the individual productions (Lighting, Sound, Set, Video)
• Provide direction, instruction, and training to student crews
• Provide advice with regards to proper equipment usage and application
• Maintain inventory of theatre supplies
• Meet with production staff
• Maintain technical equipment and operate as required
• Remain current with relevant technology and best practices
• Minimum Two-year community college diploma in Theatre Technical Production with five years of experience in technical theatre or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience directing and guiding the technical theatrical production process
• Superior work organization and time management skills
• Proven ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) with staff, students, parents, community and external organizations
• Ability to take initiative, work independently, and in a team setting
• Technical and design skills related to theatrical lighting, sound, and video
• Set design and construction skills
• Computer skills related to current theatrical technology
• Ability to troubleshoot equipment and operation problems
• Ability to work under pressure to meet frequent deadlines
Familiarity with ETC Ion lighting console, Roland M300 digital sound console, Qlab playback software and MIDI show control considered an asset.
Hours: School year (10 months) x 35 hours per week scheduled to meet program needs. Evening work is required.
We thank you in advance for your interest; however, only applicants being offered an interview will be contacted.
TDSB CUPE 4400 Unit C, Grade K
Salary: $26.84 - $31.92 per hour, fixed step-based increment
How to Apply:
Please send resumes to Shari-Lynn.Teichman@tdsb.on.ca
Name: Shari Teichman
Telephone Ext.: 20103
The Etobicoke School of the Arts is a Toronto District School Board secondary school with programs in Dance, Drama, Film, Music Theatre, and Visual Arts. Esainfo.ca