This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Working under the Director of Technical Services and alongside the teaching administration of both the French and English sections, the chosen candidate provides student supervision and technical support from an educational perspective. He or she facilitates the delivery of all student production projects throughout the school year, in both official languages. The incumbent is also responsible for ensuring that all applicable security measures and operating rules for the School are followed.
• Demonstrated and successful experience in a similar role;
• Bilingual, written and oral;
• Facility for working with digital tools;
• Very good knowledge and strong interest in the latest technology for the performing arts;
• Able to set priorities and work with schedules and deadlines;
• Excellent communication skills, ability to foster trust-based relationships and share knowledge;
• Strong aptitude for teamwork, openness to others and to alternative ideas;
• Strong manual skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, sense of initiative, problem-solving ability, judgement, creativity, rigour, diplomacy, independence, integrity, resourcefulness, sense of humour, and stress management;
• Talent for education;
• Ability to manage personnel while fostering independence;
• Class 5 drivers license.
For the detailed job offer, please consult our web page at
NTS wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will receive a reply.
The National Theatre School of Canada has an employment equity program and encourages women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and persons with disabilities to apply. This post is open to candidates of any gender.
Salary: Competitive salary with generous vacation time, high-quality health insurance and excellent pension plan.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV, along with a cover letter describing what makes you an ideal candidate, by email to . Clearly state "Application: Technical Director – Training Support” in the subject line.
Application deadline: noon on Monday, May 7, 2018.
Expected start date: Monday, July 2, 2018.
NTS, an intense, thriving hub of creativity founded in 1960, exposes its hand-picked student body to a wide range of approaches, working methods and expertise. We believe in the power of theatre to bring people together to think, feel and dream as one. Theatre strengthens communities, develops empathy and creativity, sparks debate and fosters collective well-being, to better equip society to tackle the complex challenges of our time.
Inspired by the excellence of its training programs, NTS is creating new pathways to the School in order to play a leading role in consolidating the cultural sector and contributing to a more empathetic, just, and resilient society.