This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
DJD is looking for a Technical Director for its next production, “The Gravity Players”. The ideal candidate is an experienced theatre technician who has experience working in a technical capacity in theatre and dance, and possesses strong management and administrative skills. The Technical Director will be responsible for the effective coordination of activities associated with production personnel, designers and artistic staff and will embrace DJD’s mission and act in the best interest of the organization at all times.
This is a full time short-term contract based position for 4 weeks in November with approximately 160 hours. Hours will consist of 2 weeks of office hours, 1 week of tech, and 1 week of show calls. The Technical Director reports to the Production Manager.
• Providing leadership to the Production team prior to and during the creation and performance of each production.
• Maintaining the artistic quality and design intent of all production elements as created by the Designers and the Director of each production.
• Act as the primary liaison between DJD and theatre technical staff.
• Researching, securing and contracting production suppliers as required for each production. Purchasing all production department supplies and equipment.
• Oversee and/or assist the PM in picking up and delivery of technical equipment.
• Assist the PM in the maintenance and care of the studio floors and equipment
To apply, please send a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com before Noon MST, October 23th 2015.
Valid class 5 driver’s license; experience driving large transport trucks (up to 24’ cube), an asset but not mandatory.
• Experience running IATSE union crews
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Organizational and scheduling skills
• Computer literacy in Word, Excel, Qlab etc.
Rooted in the history of jazz dance and music, DJD is constantly innovating and evolving this art form. DJD, a registered charity, is a professional dance company that creates original performances, at least one per year with live music. DJD also offers professional training to those wishing to specialize in jazz dance, outreach programs that educate the community about the history and importance of jazz in North American culture, and is Calgary’s largest recreational dance school.
DJD invites audiences and students to experience how jazz music shapes movement and feeling, to explore the connection between personal expression and collaboration, and to move.