This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
Centennial Theatre is a community performance facility located in North Vancouver. We are looking for a professional to take responsibility for the efficient operation of the facility, cost effective management, staff supervision, and excellent customer service. You will also be involved in ensuring that the Theatre is optimally utilized through participation in promotion and programming.
• Oversee the day to day operations of the Theatre, prepare operating schedules, oversee facility usage, administer rules and regulations and ensure that required safety and behavioral standards are maintained in the facility; and ensure security of the facility as required.
• Plan, schedule, review and supervise the work of technical and support staff. Ensure the collective agreement is appropriately administered in all aspects of the operation. Consult with Human Resources on hiring, discipline and other staff related matters.
• Participate in programming a season of performances including participating in planning, developing, scheduling, coordinating and implementing performing arts presentations.
• Manage client services and facility rentals.
• Manage all contracts related to activities within the Theatre.
• Participate in planning, partnership development and promotion of the facility.
• Prepare and recommend policy and procedures for the facility.
• Participate in the preparation of and administer the annual operating budget for the facility. Submit capital requests for consideration in the annual capital budget process.
• Considerable knowledge of the operation of community performing arts theatres; the management of a community performing arts theatre including marketing, accounting, production, front of house and audience services; arts programming and presentation; grant writing and reporting; and budget planning and management.
• The ability to provide leadership; hire, train and supervise staff and work effectively as a member of a team in a collegial environment; deal with issues of a sensitive or contentious nature in an environment of changing priorities and tight timelines;communicate both orally and in writing; and work well under pressure and to meet deadlines and organizational requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of arts, community groups and interest groups.
• Strong understanding of effective customer service practices.
DESIRABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Completion of a post-secondary program in an appropriate field such as Fine Arts, Arts and Entertainment Managernet, or Business Administration AND considerable related experience including in the general management of a performing arts theatre of the size and nature of Centennial Theatre, in arts programming and presentation, and supervisory experience; OR an equivalent combination of training and experience. Experience working with community arts groups would be an asset.
All Commission employees should be prepared to work at any Commission location. All candidates are required to submit to a Criminal Record Search prior to any appointment.
Salary: To be discussed
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:www.northvanrec.com/employment (Quote #1556)
The North Vancouver Recreation Commission is dedicated to building healthy individuals, families and communities.