This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
This is a full-time, termed position from May 29 to August 11, 2017.
Performing Arts at Banff Centre is looking for an experienced Sound Technician (Theatre Practitioner Level 1) to join their high-functioning team as additional support during the Banff Summer Arts Festival. Reporting to the Head Sound Technician, the Level 1 Sound Technician will assist in the completion of tasks assigned to the Sound department including assisting with administrative duties and directing the work of Practicum Sound Technicians.
- Performing Sound Technician work
- Overseeing the work of the Sound Technician Practicum Participants.
- Assisting with the administration of the sound department including safety of assigned crews within the supplied frameworks of budget, staffing, equipment, space, and time
- Staying current on related industry trends including the application of up-to-date techniques and use of special materials
- Applying professional theatre techniques and methods to provide the quality, efficiency, and support level required by Performing Arts
Possesses at least 2000 hours' experience as a working sound technician in a professional theatre, opera, or dance company.
Able to perform all of the major job functions listed below, but may require assistance and/or supervision to perform the entire job function:
- Perform technical skills
- Perform events duties
- Apply acoustic, electronics, and electro-mechanical theory
- Apply safety practices
The responsibilities of this position require the Sound Technician to be available to work a flexible, rotating schedule.
The job description for this position is currently under review.
In accordance with CUPE 4318, this is a unionized, termed, hourly support staff position, subject to a 500-hour probation period.
Banff Centre offers on-the-job training, a supportive work environment, a staff cafeteria, subsidized fitness memberships, staff events, and free or reduced admission to many Banff Centre concerts, films, lectures, and exhibitions.
Salary: Between $16.69 and $17.95 per hour, depending on experience
We are currently accepting applications until a suitable candidate has been identified.
Submit your resume and cover letter online via Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity careers website at www.banffcentre.ca/careers.
Founded in 1933, Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity is a learning organization built upon an extraordinary legacy of excellence in artistic and creative development. What started as a single course in drama has grown to become the global organization leading in arts, culture, and creativity across dozens of disciplines. From our home in the stunning Canadian Rocky Mountains, Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity aims to inspire everyone who attends our campus – artists, leaders, and thinkers – to unleash their creative potential.