This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Production
Calgary International Children’s Festival (CICF) are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced team player to fill the position of Outdoor Site Manager for our Olympic Plaza Site. Reporting to the Core Festival Staff, the Site Manager provides leadership and support to both site crew and staff. This is a four month full time contract position starting mid-February through mid-June 2015. Hours are flexible with compensation commensurate with experience.
• Ensure the effective, efficient and timely management of site Programming including Artist pre-festival and onsite contact, artist contract requirements; set up and performing schedules
• Procure, coordinate and oversee all aspects of the set-up and strike of Festival facilities, sponsorship materials, maps, structures, technical equipment and décor. Hire and supervise Site Crew
• Daily set-up and strike of Festival: rain or shine
• Select and contract a Security vendor and become familiar with their operating procedures.
• Write, distribute and administer Crisis Communication, Lost and Found and Severe Weather plans
• In cooperation with and under the guidance of the Volunteer Program Manager, ensure that all site activities and programs are adequately staffed, equipped and managed effectively and safely.
• Establish and maintain a working relationship with the City of Calgary Event Services Liaison submitting required event applications, building and roads permits; meeting parks, fire and bylaw regulations.
Applicants should have 2-5 years’ experience in technical event management and crisis control. Previous festival experience and stage management experience is an asset. Knowledge of and experience working with production equipment is required. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership, planning, organizational and multi-tasking skills, and should be diplomatic and able to communicate effectively with adults and children in a high stress and fast paced environment. Due to the fact that you’ll be working amongst youth, a Police Security Check is required.
Calgary International Children’s Festival
205 - 8th Ave SE Calgary, Alberta T2G 0K9
The Calgary International Children’s Festival (CICF) was established in 1987 as a joint project between the Calgary Centre for Performing Arts and the City of Calgary Parks and Recreation Department. In 1991, the Festival’s role as an advocate of children and their place in society led to the founding of Child and Youth Friendly Calgary, for which it received the international Downtown Association Award. In 1993, the Calgary International Children’s Festival was incorporated as a registered society.
The CICF has grown to become one of the most prominent arts festivals of its kind in Canada and the largest presenter of theatre for young people in Calgary. The organization currently employs more than 200 performing artists, administrative staff, technicians and theatre venue personnel over the course of each year with approximately 50,000 patrons attending Festival events on a yearly basis.