This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
A Senior Artistic Director at Cirque is responsible for a show’s artistic integrity and content, while ensuring continuous high-level performance and guiding the shows’ artistic teams toward the company’s vision and objectives. In this pivotal role within Cirque, he/she will foster strong relationships with diverse internal partners in support of the show’s operations.
Show content & long-term artistic vision:
· As creative guardian of assigned shows, work closely with various stakeholders to deliver and uphold Cirque excellence, safeguarding its artistic content, integrity and quality;
· Participate in quarterly visits to the assigned shows to review and assess show quality;
· In partnership with the show’s Artistic Director, ensure that the shows meet and maintain the high-quality standards established by Cirque in terms of artistic and acrobatic performance, initial concept of staging, choreography, cues, musical score, costumes, make-up, lighting and sound design;
· Supervise the integration of new acts, back up acts and all other show evolution;
· Spearhead and oversee the shows’ artistic maintenance, show evolution and new content integration, including managing creative governance approvals;
· Responsible for casting characters, clowns, acts as well as collaborate with Artistic Director for all other casting needs;
· Identify artistic needs and requirements, forecast and manage budget;
· Identify long-term potential issues on shows and recommend appropriate strategies;
· Determine orientation required for the shows’ artistic and acrobatic evolution and/or potential adaptation to specific market;
· Define the needs and approve the plan of visits by the designers and creators of the shows. Use the knowledge acquired to nourish and cultivate long-term and overall artistic vision of the show;
· Ensure respect of global vision and coherence between shows (harmonize processes, practices and methods);
· Participate in show creation process meetings to ensure holistic understanding of show concept, and design milestone timeline for touring operations, hiring plan and actively contribute to the creation-operational handover process.
Leadership & Talent management:
· Inspire and motivate Artistic Directors to high performance and work ethic;
· In collaboration with the show’s Company Manager, oversee the recruitment, mentorship and performance management of Artistic Directors, while contributing to their artistic, professional and managerial development;
· Guide and support decision-making related to hiring, replacement plans, act integration, performance assessment and disciplinary measures;
· Actively contribute to the artistic teams’ well-being and professional development, encourage and facilitate internal movements and succession planning initiatives;
· Collaborate with various company stakeholders, participate in the review of global touring plans,
· Collaborate with the Company Manager for the contract-renewals for artists and the annual compensation assessment process;
· Provide feedback on Artistic Directors’ monthly artistic report, where necessary.
We would like to meet you if you have:
· Pertinent experience in a similar position in live show management or a traditional circus environment;
· Demonstrable leadership skills;
· Aptitudes to develop global and long-term vision, alongside short-term needs;
· Ability to adapt quickly to unexpected situations, variable schedules and tight deadlines;
· Positive mindset, emotional intelligence and driven by impact;
· Fluency in English; be at ease to operate within the international environment of Cirque du Soleil;
· Availability to travel regularly to the performance sites of shows.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits.
You will love to:
- Contribute to the success of our shows;
- Grow within our international environment;
- Make a real visible difference in what you do
Salary: Starts at 115K, depending on experience, and with benefits.
To apply, please visit : https://cirk.me/2sE5h4E