This is a Seasonal, Full-time position.Category: Production
Scenic Carpenter function: The carpenter will work primarily in the scene shop, collaborating with a variety of other professionals to interpret design drawings and construct the various scenic elements needed for each of 6 productions.
Duties and Responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
• Read construction drawings and create cut lists.
• Build scenic elements following industry practices for standard construction techniques.
• Expedite projects within scheduled deadlines.
• Maintain a clean and organized workspace as the shop space is shared amongst a variety of projects.
• Follow current health and safety standards and operate in accordance with company policies, health and safety guidelines and regulations.
• Solid understanding of scenic construction techniques.
• Experience working with a variety of scenic materials.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Ability to thrive both as part of a team and with independent work.
Term: April 23 – July 15 (with possibility of a two week extension)
Salary: $750/week (based on a 40 hour work week)
Beckie Morris, Production Manager