This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Reporting to the Head of Lighting, the Moving Light Repair Tech is responsible for the maintenance and repair of moving lights on tour.
• With the Head of Lighting, the Moving Light Repair Tech will plan, coordinate and perform all necessary maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting required to keep the lighting equipment in good working order;
• Preserving the integrity and life span of the equipment;
• Along with the Head of Lighting, coordinating the purchase of parts, warranty repairs, shipping and maintenance to be performed by vendors;
• Responsible for the safety and cleanliness of the technical areas (shops, etc.);
• Managing a team of technicians, “fly-in” staff or local employees as necessary;
• Creating a maintenance and repairs log and keeping it up to date;
• Loading and unloading trucks and flatbeds as per loading plans;
• Participating in specific trainings to increase knowledge of repair techniques for video and lighting equipment;
• Performing all other tasks required to that show operations run smoothly and safely.
• 3-5 years minimum experience in a similar job or as a “Bench Tech” in a rental company;
• Excellent knowledge of Martin 2000 Wash and Martin 2000 Profile projectors;
• Knowledge of Mac 2000 spot and Mac 600;
• Formal training in repair techniques for lighting and video equipment;
• Excellent knowledge of and experience with electronics;
• Managerial experience;
• Ability to drive a forklift and operate other heavy machinery;
• Ability to perform physical tasks;
• Bilingual English and French an asset;
• Interested in touring full-time with the show and authorized to travel and work in foreign countries.
Salary: to be discussed
Interested candidates should send their resumes to:
Fax : (514) 879-9003
Cavalia is an entertainment company that specializes in the creation, production and touring of innovative shows. The company, founded by Normand Latourelle, has an expertise in the equestrian and performing arts, and is known for making the most of cutting-edge technology, multimedia and special effects, which allows for the creation of magical, unique, never-before-seen theatrical experiences. The company employs 300 permanent employees,more than 100 artists and performers, and is home to 130 horses representing some 15 different breeds.