This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Education
Professor – Theatre Arts – Technical Production (ARD 201300022)
School of Design
Faculty of Arts, Media and Design
Employment Group: Faculty
Type of Position: Full-Time
Hours of Work Per Week: 44
Closing Date for Internal Applications (Full-time or Partial Load): April 1, 2013
Closing Date for External Applications: April 8, 2013
A full-time Professor at Fanshawe College is responsible for providing academic leadership and for developing an effective learning environment for students. The successful candidate will teach courses in the Theatre Arts - Technical Production Program in the School of Design.
• Combination of excellent leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
• Excellent communicator
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to relate effectively to a wide variety of learners
• Strong technical/computer skills and familiarity with educational technologies are required
• Teaching experience with hybrid and/or online delivery preferred
• Related industry work experience, previous college teaching experience and knowledge of curriculum design and student evaluations are assets
• Minimum post-secondary 2 year diploma in Theatre Production, Event/Exhibit Production, or Entertainment Production Management
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the theatre or entertainment production industry as a Theatre Technical Director or Production Manager preferred
• CAD skills are essential
• Teaching experience in technical theatre production or entertainment production management an asset
• Lighting, sound/video design, rigging and carpentry experience an asset
Approximate Start Date: May 2013
Salary: Determination of starting salaries is based on relevant teaching/occupational experience and relevant formal qualifications, supported with original transcripts from granting institutions. The salary scale is $58,946 to $102,186 along with a comprehensive benefit package.
Partial load or full-time academic staff presently employed with the College will be given first consideration in accordance with the Academic Collective Agreement.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at www.fanshawec.ca/hr/jobs
NOTE: We do not accept e-mailed, faxed or hard-copy resumes. To be considered for this position, you must complete an online application through our website link above.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Salary: See above
Fanshawe College is a full-service Government of Ontario community college, with six campuses in Southwestern Ontario.
We offer training and educational programs in applied arts, business, health care, human services, hospitality, literacy, academic upgrading, life skills, computers, technology, apprenticeship and English as a Second Language.
In addition to over 110 full-time certificate and diploma programs, Fanshawe is extensively involved in the design and delivery of custom training for federally and provincially sponsored trainees, community organizations, sectoral training councils and private sector employers in the business, health, industrial and services sectors.
Fanshawe College is committed to personal, social and economic success through quality education and learning for employment.
We enrich the lives of individuals and meet the changing needs of our diverse communities.
We are innovative and responsive.
We promote opportunity.
We are Fanshawe College.