This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Production
The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is currently accepting applications for the Production Manager / Technical Director position for the summer of 2012. The contract would run from April 1st starting part time and full time May 1st to July 29th 2012.
The P.M./T.D.’s responsibilities:
• Attend Management Meetings, and deal with issues that may arise.
• Keep team up to date with plans and changes for the year.
• Facilitate the team (stage management and technicians) to prepare for rehearsals so the site is ready.
• Establish lines of communication with all team members
• Arrange production meetings with the production team
• Coordinate schedules on site. This includes the stage, rehearsal hall and lodge space between departments
• Inform, monitor and maintain the production calendar
• Monitoring and update the show’s materials and labour budgets
• Negotiate and coordinate all personnel resources
• Assist in research and acquisition of materials as necessary
• Work towards a safe and secure performance space for actors, audience and crew
• Insure that the crew has appropriate training to execute the run of the show
• Supervise that all expenses are accounted for, all receipts are turned in and all accounts are up to date within two weeks of the close of the production
• Organize, and supervise the safe build and execution of new set elements, repairing of current ones as notes come from the Designer and Stage Manager.
• Track and identify new opportunities to improve the stage area, and surrounding to keep a safety standard, and efficiency throughout the day.
• Liaison with the Designers about details relating to set, props, set dressing etc before building or repairing any of the above.
• Track and identify any concerns with audience pathways, and seating with the General Manager.
• During performances ensure all technicians are working effectively to keep the safety of the cast, and themselves. With feedback from the show technicians, and stage management work towards making the running of the show a smooth and efficient one.
• This is an evolving position, so new duties may be assigned as they arise.
Any interested applicants are encouraged to email a resume and cover letter to Ms. Tuled Giovanazzi at no later than March 22nd 2012.
The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is one of Canada's largest outdoor theatrical events. Now in its 19th season, the company annually depicts the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ in dramatic form. An epic story told on an epic scale, this year's production features a creative retelling of the Gospel of John. The script will be originated by a mixed professional/volunteer cast of approximately 200 actors in a 2700-seat outdoor amphitheatre.