This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Production Manager is a management position within the company that requires a self-motivated, organized individual with leadership skills and the ability to manage competing priorities in a dynamic and creative work environment.
Duties of the Production Manager include but are not limited to:
• Production Administration.
• Supervision of all production staff.
• Management of production budgets.
• Hiring of casual crew in consultation with the Technical Director.
• Creation and management of all production schedules.
• Contracting designers and stage management.
• Supervision of technical rehearsals and work calls in cooperation with the Technical Director.
• Supervision and arrangement of logistics for Tarragon productions, special events, tours and co-productions.
• Ongoing enforcement of health and safety regulations, including Fire Safety Plan, fire code and building code requirements.
• Facility Management, including oversight of building maintenance budgets.
• Scheduling and supervision of all outside contractors required for the maintenance of the theatre’s physical plant in consultation with Facilities Manager.
• Administration of all maintenance contracts for the upkeep of the theatre’s physical plant.
• A university or college degree in theatre production or equivalent training.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as a production manager in a theatrical setting.
• Proven experience producing accurate show costing in a theatrical environment.
• Ability to read and interpret technical drawings in AutoCAD.
• An understanding of current production and technical practices within theatre including sound, lighting, projection and set construction.
• Knowledge and understanding of CTA and PACT/ADC agreements.
• Knowledge and understanding of Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), WHMIS and Employment Standards Act (ESA).
• Experience supervising staff and artisans.
• Budgeting experience.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint + experience with database management.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a commitment to collaboration.
A valid Ontario driver’s license and a sense of humour are definite assets.
Tarragon Theatre values diversity in its workforce and invites applications from all qualified candidates. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process, please do not hesitate to make a request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Tarragon Theatre, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary: $50-$53,000 + benefits
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume with references in a single pdf by email to Andrea Vagianos, Managing Director, Tarragon Theatre, , 30 Bridgman Avenue, Toronto, ON M5R 1X3.
Tarragon Theatre creates, develops, and produces new Canadian plays and provides the conditions for that new work to thrive through high-quality development, production, and administrative infrastructure. The theatre trains and supports new generation, emerging, and established artists through extensive residencies, flexible play development programs and substantial producing capabilities. To complement its new creations, Tarragon presents new plays from across Canada, revives significant Canadian plays, and produces international work, both contemporary and classical. The theatre has active education/outreach programs. With a budget of over $2.5 million, Tarragon produces a ten-month season of seven to nine productions in its two theatres, and occasionally tours. Its studios and Extraspace are used extensively by the arts community for the creation and production of new work. In 2021 it will celebrate 50 years of producing theatre.