This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Other
Reporting to the Senior Production Coordinator, the Production/Facility Coordinator II will assist with all activities related to the delivery of Production Services.
• Oversee the delivery of assigned services pertaining to Production and Facility Services
• Assist with coordinating and planning work assignments and the administration of Production and Facility services
• Assist with marketing rental items, equipment and services
• Assist in updating estimates and / or quotations for services and track additional services / charges
• Verify the reporting of time for unionized staff for payroll and client invoicing
• Update management on issues such as work refusals, jurisdiction disputes and work assignments as they relate to the collective agreement
• Provide support in the care and maintenance of production services equipment
• Assist in preparation of information related to client billings; review with show management; and clarify final billing
• Assist to ensure compliance of show / event audits
• Assist with the delivery of tool box talks and conduct safety orientations as required
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Participation in or completion of post-secondary education in a discipline pertinent to the job function or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in corporate, festival, theatre and trade show environments an asset.
• Possession of a valid class G driver’s license.
• Experience utilizing software packages, word processing, spreadsheets and electronic mail).
• Ability to interpret technical drawings and equipment lists as they relate to work assigned for supervision and coordination.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
• Proven customer service skills.
• Knowledge of and the ability to interpret collective agreements, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Ontario Building Code, Ontario Fire Code and WHIMIS an asset
• Ability to successfully complete Exhibition Place’s Competent Supervisor program.
• Ability to oversee staff in a unionized workplace under multiple agreements.
• Ability to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays as required to support operational requirements.
Note: This position to work up to 675 hours/yr.
Exhibition Place is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Exhibition Place’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Exhibition Place’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in the recruitment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to support your request for accommodation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered for review.
Salary: $24.33 - $30.69/hr.
To apply for this position, mail, fax, e-mail resume/application and cover letter which describes your qualifications in relation to the qualifications required to: P. Woods, Human Resources Consultant, 100 Princes’ Boulevard, Suite 1, Exhibition Place, Toronto, Ontario, M6K 3C3. Fax (416) 263-3690 or by e-mail to
Exhibition Place is Canada’s largest entertainment venue, attracting over 5.3 million visitors a year. The 192-acre site is an integral component of Toronto and Ontario’s economy, particularly with respect to conventions, sport, festivals, recreation, culture and tourism. Located at Exhibition Place is the award-winning Enercare Centre, Canada’s largest exhibition and convention centre, and Allstream Centre conference venue which is LEED Silver certified. Since 2004, Exhibition Place has undertaken an environmental stewardship initiative, entitled GREENSmart; which includes the promotion of sustainable development, environmental initiatives and leading edge green technologies and practices across the site. Our environmental initiatives have resulted in award winning recognition across North America, such as the Platinum Waste Minimization Award from the Recycling Council of Canada and have established Exhibition Place as a world leader in energy-efficient technologies.