This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
• Manages the daily operations of Canadian Stage’s Production Office.
• Administers the payroll for all hourly Production staff and I.A.T.S.E. 58 & 822 crew.
• Coordinates the rentals of the Prop and Wardrobe shops, and is the liaison between facility rentals and the Production Department.
• Assists in development of season schedule for technical areas. Expedites productions within scheduled deadlines.
• Acquires supplies for general operation and maintenance of the Production Department.
• Oversees invoice processing for the Production Department.
• Responsible for the maintenance and bookings of the production vehicles.
• Works with the Head of Properties and Head of Wardrobe to create a working model for Prop and Wardrobe rentals and inventory management.
• Maintain Production based show archives.
• Maintain Production based inventories.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Production.
Member of the Production Department.
Reports directly to the Director of Production.
Oversees the work of Production Assistants.
Assists other members of the Production Team as required.
• BFA/BA from an accredited post secondary institution with a major in Theatre/Drama
• Highly organized, detail-oriented, communicative and multi-tasking management skills.
• 3 years professional working experience
• Excellent ability to set priorities and meet time deadlines.
• Superb written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient with computers, including spreadsheet programs and accounting processes.
• Familiarity with IATSE working conditions
• A valid driver’s license is essential, as travel within the province is required.
• Sense of humor
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Full-time, year-round.
• Competitive salary.
• Excellent benefit package.
We thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply in confidence with salary expectation by October 12, 2012:
Director of Production and Operations
26 Berkeley Street
Toronto, ON M5A 2W3
PH 416 367-8243 ext. 227
Founded in 1987, Canadian Stage is one of the country’s leading not-for-profit contemporary theatre companies. Under the direction of Artistic & General Director Matthew Jocelyn, the company presents multidisciplinary theatre with a focus on emerging performance styles that integrate theatre with other artistic mediums such as dance, film, visual arts and more. Sharing innovative and vibrant theatre from Canada and around the world, the company stages an annual season of work at three major venues (the Bluma Appel Theatre, the Berkeley Street Theatre and the High Park Amphitheatre) and runs a series of artist development and education initiatives, as well as youth and community outreach programs.
For more information, visit www.canadianstage.com