This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
Reporting to the Director of Production, this position works closely with the Artistic Associate, Technical Director, Shumiatcher Sandbox company members as well as Shumiatcher Sandbox presenters. The individual in this position must enjoy working collaboratively and have excellent communication and problem solving skills.
In fulfilling this position’s core responsibilities, Globe Theatre expects the Production Assistant/Studio Technician to:
• Assist in the construction of Set and Property elements, as required
• Assist in all Main Stage load-ins, load-outs, lighting hangs and lighting focuses, as required
• Run light and sound cues for all Shumiatcher Sandbox Series Productions
• Have working knowledge of lighting equipment and lighting console operation
• Have working knowledge of sound equipment and sound board operation
• Be the Audio Assistant / Stage Hand for the main stage productions of “The Wizard of Oz” and “The Drowsy Chaperone”
• Be an active member of the Theatre’s Organizational Health and Safety Committee
• Adhere to all production schedules, budgets, and deadlines as set by the Director of Production
• Attend all Staff and Production Meetings
• Adhere to Globe Theatre’s Personnel Policy
• Adhere to all aspects of the Collective Agreement between Globe Theatre and I.A.T.S.E. Local 295
Crystal L. Spicer, Director of Production
Globe Theatre is a dynamic theatre company located in an historic building in downtown Regina. We are the largest performing arts organization in Saskatchewan with an annual operating budget of 4.2 million dollars and produce six main stage productions per season for our permanent theatre-in-the-round and 5-7 productions in the Shumiatcher Sandbox Series. Globe encourages a team-oriented environment where the efforts of all employees are focused on supporting the art.
Globe offers a competitive salary and benefits package including employer contributed RRSP.
This Seasonal Contract runs from September 2012 through mid-June 2013.