This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Production
Province: Stratford, Ontario
Position: Production Assistant
Deadline: October 11, 2019
Posted: September 16, 2019
Job Description / Duties
Would you like to play a meaningful role with North America’s leading classical repertory theatre? At the Stratford Festival, we attract the world’s finest talent, offering a unique experience for staff, artists and artisans alike. If you would like to be part of this exciting organization, we are looking for someone to fill the position of:
Production Assistant – Stage Management
(4 Positions Available)
Reporting to the Production Stage Manager for one of the four theatres, you are responsible for assisting with the day to day tasks of the stage management department. The position is part of the production team.
• Organizational and administrative support to the stage management offices
• Distribute and copy production memos and post notices regarding company information
• Create, type and maintain chart work
• Distribute and type daily and weekly schedules
• Answer phones, take messages and direct calls
• Distribute scheduling information to actors, coaches, cutters and designers
• Order office supplies and first aid supplies
• Maintain clean working space
• Assist in ensuring individuals are present for rehearsal calls, classes and fittings
• Adhere to the Stratford Festival Health & Safety Commitment and Procedures, and ensure that safe work practices and policies are supported and enforced within reporting structure
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Formal training in theatre production
• Stage Management experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Previous experience in a production administrative role
Preference will be given to candidates with a desire for a career as an Equity Stage Manager.
These seasonal contract positions are located in Stratford, Ontario with one Production Assistant at each of our four theatres. Contract start and end dates are staggered with the first contract beginning mid to late January and the last ending mid to late September. Candidates are required to fulfill the entire contract dates for which they are contracted.
Job Type: Seasonal Contract
Recognizing that diversity – in our workplace, in our audiences and on our stages – fosters a rich and creative environment, we welcome applicants with disabilities and are committed to accommodating them throughout the recruitment and hiring process. We encourage all qualified applicants to submit a résumé and cover letter in a single PDF by October 11, 2019 to:
Subject: Production Assistant
Located in Stratford, Ontario, Canada, we are North America’s largest classical repertory theatre company. Each season, we present a dozen or more productions in four distinctive venues. We produce classics, contemporary dramas and musicals, with special emphasis on the plays of Shakespeare.