This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Technical
Magnus Theatre is currently accepting applications for the position of Production Assistant for the 2014/2015 Season. This will be a regular part-time position, 20h/week, with the potential for additional hours during busy periods.
Core duties will involve:
- Assisting with set installs and strikes, lighting hang and
focus, audio setup, stage prep
- Operation and maintenance of technical equipment
- Purchasing of materials and ‘runner’ duties
- Running crew and technician duties for Magnus Productions
and other events
A valid driver’s license with a clean abstract is required for this position.
The ideal applicant will:
- be computer literate; have experience in either sound or
- be familiar with current technology
- be prepared, and able, to learn how to operate a variety
of technical equipment
- be physically able to lift and move equipment, climb
ladders and work at heights, on catwalks and in a Genie
- have experience using common hand and power tools.
Resumes will be accepted ongoing until the position is filled.
Start date will be mid August.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Please submit resumes either in person, by mail, or by email; no phone calls will be accepted.
Regular Mail: Magnus Theatre - 10 South Algoma Street, Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7B 3A7
Magnus Theatre is the professional theatre of Northwestern Ontario. We produce 6 shows per season September - May, and host other productions such as musical performances and community theatre events.