This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Other
I.A.T.S.E. Local 212 is seeking an experienced Labour Relations practitioner to take on the challenging role of Motion Picture Business Agent. Reporting directly to the President and the Executive Board and working with a team of 8 Staff Members the highly organized, successful candidate will:
- Be able to lead the negotiation and administration of screen-based contracts.
- Be or become familiar with Alberta Labour Relations Code.
- Have a track record with regard to effective communication and problem solving.
- Be responsible for Dispatch and the supervision and allocation of duties to Job Stewards and Dispatch Personnel.
- Be capable of assessing skills and qualifications using all available resources.
- Be responsible for maintaining good working relationships with all production companies and production managers.
- Be actively involved in the organizing activities of the Local
- Facilitate recruitment of workers and assist in the development of effective training strategies in collaboration with the Education Coordinator.
- Possess advanced data management and possess MS Office and strong email management skills.
- Investigate Health and Safety violation concerns.
• Contract Negotiation
• Formulating and processing Grievances
• Conducting Investigations
• OH&S Advocacy and Compliance
• Conflict Resolution / Mediation
• Uphold Union Policies
• Advanced Contract administration
Salary: Expectations to be submitted with application
Applicants are asked to submit a current resume along with a letter of intent and salary expectations to Sarah Summers prior to close of day on Friday December 19th to be considered for an interview.
IATSE Local 212 Website: www.iatse212.com
Chartered in 1911, IATSE Local 212 is a growing craft Local of 850 Members working in the Entertainment Industry. We represent the crew on professional Film, Television, and Digital Media projects servicing between 12 and 20 Southern Alberta projects in an average year. The Calgary region enjoys upwards of $100 million in film, television and digital production each year, and is responsible for 80 per cent of all filming in Alberta. Members of Local 212 have proudly contributed to an award winning legacy of production garnering more Oscar, Golden Globe and Emmy® Award nominations than any other jurisdiction in Canada.