This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: Technical
The Position October 2011 – May 2012 Not consecutive.
The McManus Technician will have the following responsibilities:
• Liaison with Grand Production Manager on all productions
• Liaison with Grand Rentals Manager on all rentals
• Liaison with London community groups/ being a resource to community groups
• Supervision of crews for lighting hang/focus/levels and set ups
• Running of lighting and/or sound for all performances scheduled
• Lighting design and building of sound cues as required
• Maintaining the safety of all artists/technicians using the space/some training of technicians as required
• Maintaining the space and all technical elements
• Maintaining a standard of excellence and respect
The successful candidate will be a graduate of a theatre school programme or university equivalent and will have at least 1 year of professional work experience. The candidate will have a good understanding of the process of producing a show and will have the ability to work in a team environment. The candidate will be comfortable with most conventional lighting instruments, running a computer lighting board, building and running sound cues and will have basic carpentry skills. The candidate will be able to read lighting plots and set drawings
The Grand Theatre is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Please respond in writing with a cover letter and resume by June 15, 2011
The Grand Theatre
471 Richmond St.
London, Ontario N6A 3E4
The Grand Theatre
The Grand Theatre produces and presents shows in its studio space, the McManus Theatre. The McManus is a 150-seat studio theatre with a catwalk system. The McManus Theatre is used by the Grand Theatre as a presentation space for cutting edge adult theatre as well as theatre for young audiences. The Grand produces the Playwrights Cabaret, the studio High School Project and various events in this space. It is also used by the London theatre community as a rental space. It is not under the jurisdiction of any union contracts except the CAEA when circumstances dictate.