This is a Temporary, Full-time position.
Province: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Position: Lighting Technician
Deadline: October 18, 2013
Posted: October 4, 2013
Job Description / Duties
- Reporting to the Coordinator of Backstage Services, you will plan the safe and efficient installation of all lighting elements for the production with an eye to ensuring their safety, longevity and consistency while respecting the Director and Designer’s vision
- Establish and maintain the safe, consistent and respectful operations of all production lighting and equipment for all performances so as to ensure the artistic integrity of each performance
- Take the lead in coordination of the lighting as needed to run the performances & rehearsals
- Program and cueing intelligent, LED, conventional lighting equipment as well as stage effects
- Maintain and keep organized all lighting equipment, tools, supplies and programs for lighting and video equipment
- Work with technical team to develop and maintain a safe working environment. Adhere to all Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations and maintain safety procedures for staff
- Maintenance and cleaning of the stage, backstage and shop areas applicable to the lighting and stage-effects equipment
- Establish emergency / contingency procedures for show systems with Stage Management and all of the technical team and ensure all are trained and familiar with these procedures
- Advise all departments on matters of safety Participate in special projects / events as required
- Coordinate with other departments onstage as needed to run the performances & rehearsals.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- A minimum of 2 years experience in theatrical lighting programming and installation with 2 years experience in a similar position on large scale productions
- A diploma or degree in a related field or experience commiserate with intensive work in theatrical lighting
- Hands on experience on various lighting consoles
- Experience operating scissor lift, knowledge and implementation of safety procedures with scissor lift
- Ability to program and run an ETC Congo lighting console with conventional and intelligent lighting instructions and have knowledge and experience in maintenance of all lighting/effects equipment
- Experience with intelligent, LED and stage-effects equipment systems, installations, wiring and maintenance and inspection routines
- Must have experience in stage management
- Strong organizational, problem solving and creativity abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and work well under pressure
- Knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, Internet research an asset
- This position requires a flexible schedule, which includes days, evenings, weekends and public holidays and you may be required to meet the requirements of “standby” in accordance with the provisions of the CUPE Local 905 Collective Agreement
- A valid Ontario Class "G" driver's license and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business (Mileage compensated) as well as proof of vehicle insurance will be required
- This position is a member of the Canadian Union of Public Employees (C.U.P.E.)
NOTE: This position is being advertised concurrently to internal and external candidates. External candidates shall only be considered after current Town of Richmond Hill qualified Union members.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Apply online on our website at: RichmondHill.ca/Employment
With an engaged population of over 185,000 residents located within York Region in southern Ontario, Richmond Hill is a diverse community that is committed to providing an exceptional quality of life for its residents. Richmond Hill is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team where Council and staff are committed to providing exceptional public service to our community.
Visit RichmondHill.ca to learn more about the place “Where people come together to build our community!”