This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
As House Technician you will be responsible for supporting the Technical Director in planning and executing a busy schedule of events on behalf of multiple clients.
• acting as supervisor at events - supervising and directing crew to achieve client goals;
• liaising patron services, custodial and administrative personnel;
• supporting and managing client and performance needs;
• ensuring a safe, healthy and respectful environment for all within established guidelines
• technical theatre proficiency in lighting, sound and crew / event supervision;
• OFA level one;
• a basic understanding of the operational complexity of a large multi-user facility
Desirable attributes include:
• experience in planning and delegating;
• familiarity with industry standard health and safety procedures;
• experience in both community and professional arts;
• strong communication and organization skills.
If you enjoy being involved in a wide range of the performing arts and working with a diverse public in a small, motivated and positive organization environment, we would be pleased to receive your resume in application for this position
Contract Duration: Preparation period asap in February (20 hours / week @ $20 / hour then March 1 – June 30, 2014 (37.5 hours / week @ $750).
Note: We may consider an alternate end date in the case of scheduling conflicts).
For further information please contact: Mike Cooper, Technical Director, Massey Theatre –
Submit applications to: Jessica Schneider, Executive Director, Massey Theatre,
Massey Theatre is a 1260 seat road house most active in the areas of concerts, dance productions and musical theatre. We are a valuable professional performing arts venue in the region and the largest outside Vancouver. In addition to the professional performances taking place within Massey Theatre, the venue is used to host school events and is central to the arts education programs at New Westminster Secondary School. The organization will be expanding its operation over the next year to incorporate operation of the new Anvil Centre Theatre (slated to open in fall 2014) and the subsequent replacement of the historic Massey Theatre with a new 1,000 seat regional theatre.
Massey Theatre has recently significantly upgraded its sound, light and video inventories in order to better support the needs of clients and technical personnel. A Meyer M’elodie line array speaker system has been installed to improve ease of audio operation and enhance quality of sound in the theatre. The LX console is an ETC Ion with fader wing.
Massey Theatre’s peak periods of activity fall in the periods of October through December and March through June. As such, we are currently seeking to fill a four month full time employment contract for a House Technician to work with our Technical Director. The position would start with a preparatory part time commitment of 20 hours / week as soon as possible in February, shifting to full time from March to June.