This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The Chemainus Theatre Festival is seeking a full-time, permanent House Technician to join our team. Reporting to the Technical Director and Production Manger, the House Technician is responsible for the implementation and upkeep of lighting, projection, sound and scenic elements, as directed by the TD on a per-show basis, following practices in accordance with Worksafe BC and theatrical industry standards.
The House Technician supervises technical crews during set up and strike of productions – primarily in the area of lighting – and acts as the cue-based sound and lighting operator during performances. The House Technician will be the lead for technical show notes and will take responsibility for maintaining the technical elements in a show beyond the opening performance. The House Technician will also advise the Technical Director and Production Manager on ongoing maintenance needed and lead a yearly maintenance cycle.
• College or university degree or diploma in Theatre Production or equivalent experience.
• A minimum of three years’ professional experience as a Theatre Technician.
• Broad knowledge of theatrical procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of lighting equipment.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to read technical drawings.
• ETC board programming.
• QLab programming (sound/ projection).
• Basic carpentry.
• Working knowledge of digital sound consoles.
• Working knowledge of rigging.
• Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office.
• Preference will be given to persons holding additional certificates, including: WHMIS, Occupational First Aid Level I, BC Driver’s License, LPEC, Firearms certificate.
• Experience with Cad or Vectorworks is an asset.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Start date of early- to mid-March 2016.
(Application by email is preferred, with Subject Line “Application for House Tech”)
Nicole Lamb – Production Manager at
Or by mail to:
Nicole Lamb – Production Manager
Chemainus Theatre Festival
9574 Bare Point Road
Chemainus, BC V0R 1K5
The Chemainus Theatre Festival is a vibrant, established and fully professional theatre nestled in the seaside community of Chemainus, BC. As a non-profit society, we exist to serve Vancouver Island and its visitors by creating exceptional theatre that explores and nourishes truth, hope, redemption, love and the human spirit.