This is a Seasonal, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Province: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Position: Head of Props
Deadline: March 27, 2020
Posted: February 18, 2020
Job Description / Duties
• Compiling the props lists based on information provided by Designers and assembled from reading the script.
• In consultation with the Designer, PM and TD determine the resources required to build each production.
• Ensure that the look of the props and set dressing is consistent with the designs prepared by the Designer.
• Supervise the props department staff and casual employees.
• Ensure equipment and tools are maintained in good and safe working order
• Responsible for maintaining and cataloguing prop stock.
• Track show and department budgets
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a professional props department; Experience leading a professional theatrical props department.
• Graduate of a recognized theatre training school or have equivalent working experience.
• Sound working knowledge of techniques and materials commonly utilized by theatrical props departments.
• Thorough working knowledge of historical furniture and decorative styles.
• Ability to interpret designs, technical drawings, renderings and Designer jargon.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel and graphic arts software such as Photoshop or Publisher.
• Drawing and math skills considered an asset
This is a full time seasonal positon that typically starts in September through May (26-34 weeks). Comes with a benefits package and pays 25-29/hr depending on experience .We do eleven to twelve productions a year; Six on the Mainstage, four at our warehouse space, a touring show and fundraiser with the Manitoba Bar Association
Start Date: Fall 2020
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary: Comes with a benefits package and pays 25-29/hr depending on experience.
Russell Martin, Director of Production
Royal MTC is Canada’s oldest English language regional theatre. Each season, MTC produces ten plays at our two venues as well as the Winnipeg Fringe Theatre Festival and an annual regional tour, www.royalmtc.ca.