This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Reporting to the Director of Production, the Head Rigging/Stage Technician’s duties include but are not limited to:
- Operate rigging systems and related equipment as directed for performances
- Inspect and maintain chain motors and equipment
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures
- Ensure that stage scenery is set up properly and safely
- Oversee the cleanliness of the stage and backstage areas
- Assist with the maintenance of all technical equipment
- Carry out all other tasks requested by the Director of Production
- Report all accidents/incidents immediately to the Director of Production and Administrative Assistant (Chair of Health and Safety Committee)
- Abide by all company rules and bylaws as detailed in Human Resources policies
- Ensure that internal communications are as efficient as possible and contribute to the overall effectiveness of the technical team
- Attend and participate in technical team meetings and Health and Safety Committee as the Fire Warden
- May also include set up and running of projection equipment
The ideal candidate shall possess the following:
- A minimum of three years experience in theatre and a minimum of two years as a Rigger and Stage Technician
- Good general understanding of all technical aspects of theatre and live shows
- Knowledge of multiple controlled chain motors is an asset
- Experience in dance, live music and other performing arts is an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Must love theatre and live performing arts
Theatre Junction GRAND technicians work under a collective bargaining agreement with Local 212 of IATSE (International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees). Remuneration includes benefits and RRSPs.
For more information on The GRAND and Theatre Junction, please visit our website.
Salary: Union Contract/Hourly
Please send resumes to:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By fax: 403 263-3605
By mail: Theatre Junction at The GRAND
608 1st St SW
Calgary AB T2P 1M6
More Info: 403 205-2922 ext 204
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Theatre Junction GRAND is Calgary’s culturehouse for contemporary live arts. We plan our program using a 3-pillar strategy that includes (1) new creation by a resident company of artists, (2) local, national and international presentations of theatre, dance and music, (3) work by community partners such as Decidedly Jazz Danceworks, Springboard Fluid Festival and One Yellow Rabbit. Theatre Junction at The GRAND also hosts private events in Velvet Restaurant & Lounge and in the theatre(s).
The main theatre is a flexible space capable of multiple stage and seating configurations. There is also a studio space for rehearsals, events and small public performances.