This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Other
Reporting to the Logistic Director the Head Electrician is responsible for all aspects of power distribution on the site and compliance with various North America codes and electrical standards.
• In collaboration with external suppliers, the electrician is involved in the development, the design, the purchasing and leasing of the electrical distribution system and HVAC;
• Manage a team of temporary employees during set up and tear down ;
• In charge of maintenance and starting of generators and ensure their full compliance with codes and standards in force;
• Ensure the safety of installations at all times;
• Establish a schedule for the maintenance and inspection of all the equipment;
• Manage efficiently the employees and the equipment within the electrical department;
• Follow up on administrative tasks regarding purchase and budget;
• Perform other tasks and projects assigned by the Logistic Director.
• Experience in a similar position in the entertainment field;
• Electrician diploma or certification;
• Knowledge of air conditioning and heating systems is an asset;
• Ability to drive a forklift;
• Available and flexible in terms of work schedule to accommodate rehearsals, shows, special events and emergencies;
• Autonomous, very good organizational skills and ability to work under pressure;
• Must demonstrate leadership skills;
• Ability to work within tight deadlines with minimal supervision;
• Capacity to interpret plans;
• Valid driver’s licence, an asset;
• Available to work full time on tour and authorized to work in foreign countries.
Salary: To be discussed. Transportation, lodging, food and per diem are provided on tour.
Fax: (514) 879-9003
Cavalia Inc. is an entertainment company that specializes in the creation, production and touring of innovative shows. Founded by Normand Latourelle, the company reimagines the equestrian and theatrical arts. With its headquarters in Montreal, Cavalia Inc. is an integral part of Canada’s cultural heritage, and the largest Canadian-owned cultural enterprise. Its expertise in high technology, multimedia and special effects creates magical, unique, never-before-seen experiences. Its first show, Cavalia, has been seen by more than 4 million people across North America, Europe, Australia, the Middle East and Asia since its 2003 debut. Odysseo, the company’s second show, has toured to rave reviews and public acclaim since its 2011 premiere.