This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
This position requires the ability to function as an Assistant Technical Director, Crew Chief, Lighting Department Head and other production positions as assigned for the Royal and McPherson Theatres Society, working at the Royal Theatre and the McPherson Playhouse and other venues as assigned. See attached document for further information.
• A minimum of 10 years of professional entertainment industry experience. Must possess the general and specific skill sets expected of 10 years experience in the professional entertainment industry.
• A minimum of 10 years direct experience as a Head Electrician in a professional venue. Must possess the general and specific skill sets expected of 10 years experience as a Head of Lighting within a professional environment.
• Demonstrated experience in the field of production and crew management and client relations. This must include proven direct crew management skills and knowledge, efficient and financially responsible crew scheduling and professional and productive relationships with facility clients.
• A proven understanding of the artistic interpretation of a performers’ needs as they relate to the lighting of the stage for live performance.
See posting for additional details.
• To assist the Technical Director through the efficient technical management of the Royal Theatre and McPherson Playhouse.
• To assist the Technical Director through the efficient implementation of client requirements and requests including scheduling of production crews.
• To assist the Technical Director through the safe and efficient operation of in-house and touring lighting equipment and other show production elements as required.
Salary: As per Collective Agreement with I.A.T.S.E.#168
Royal and McPherson Theatres Society
P.O. Box 1000, 625 Fisgard Street
Victoria, B.C. V8W2S6
The Royal and McPherson Theatres Society is the steward of the Greater Victoria’s landmark theatres, the Royal Theatre and the McPherson Playhouse and, as such, promotes the growth and development of the arts in Victoria and the Capital Regional District.