This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Management
• Scripting of relevant Actors and creative staff as needed.
• Purchase decisions for costumes, masks and accessories as needed.
• Application of “make up” for actors.
• Complete responsibility for the safe and entertaining operation of the main haunted house at Playland.
• Responsible for the majority of administrative tasks within the area including scheduling.
• Active involvement in all park décor and theme elements
• Active involvement in the interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating and disciplining of all creative staff within the event.
• Ensures all rules are enforced in accordance with labor regulations and collective Agreement.
• Communicates all known haunted house and display prop problems to appropriate parties.
• Assists in developing departmental policy.
• Ensures proper operation of all show venues.
• Constantly challenges and upgrades all aspects of the creative environment within the event.
• Handles customer complaints.
• Takes a proactive approach to safety and WorkSafeBC procedures, reports and regulations.
• Good knowledge of the Fright Nights event at Playland.
• The ability to convey this knowledge on to creative staff in the form of training.
• Good communication and customer service skills.
• Ability to work extended hours and a flexible schedule.
• The ability to react well to pressure situations.
• Must have some Post-Secondary education or training in a relevant discipline such as Arts, Theatre, Acting or other related discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous experience in a creative or theatrical background an asset.
• Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience within the Halloween Industry an asset.
• Minimum of 1-3 years’ Supervisory experience in the Events Management, Hospitality or other related industry.
• Must have exceptional interpersonal skills, and have the ability to effectively communicate with staff, guests and other stakeholders.
• Must be proactive with the ability to trouble shoot and remain calm in stressful situations.
• Must have strong leadership skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Physical ability to spend a large part of the workday walking and standing.
• Must be willing and able to work a flexible workweek; extended hours, evenings and weekends as operationally required.
Candidates must undergo a Criminal Record Check
Applications for this position must be submitted via the PNE website by Sunday May 25, 2015 at: www.pne.ca/jobs
Fright Nights at the PNE is Western Canada’s Scariest Haunt; having multiple Haunted Houses and other attractions on-site in Playland. The PNE is seeking two talented individuals to fill the Assistant Manager Fright Nights role, to help us scare the wits out of our Fright Nights guests!
We are looking for two motivated and hardworking individuals who have a passion for the Halloween events industry, acting and the Pacific National Exhibition (PNE).The Assistant Manager, Fright Nights will report to the Haunted Attractions Manager, and will be responsible for assisting with the management of all aspects of the creative environment and team within the Fright Nights event.
We have two separate job opportunities available for the Assistant Manager, Fright Nights, and the contract dates for the roles are August- November 2015 and September- November 2015 respectively.
Our ideal candidates will possess strong leadership, organizational & communication skills and will have a back ground in theatre or acting. The Assistant Manager, Fright Nights will work in compliance with all health and safety requirements as determined by WorkSafeBC, and all other applicable legislation and company policies.