This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
Reporting to the Executive Director and Artistic Director, the Director of Operations will supervise all building and administrative operations for the theatre. In conjunction with the Executive Director and Production Director, he/she will also manage and maintain YPT’s facility in preparation for YPT’s capital redevelopment project. The Director of Operations will be part of the senior management team of the organization.
• manage maintenance of the theatre’s physical plant and YPT’s relationship with the City Cultural Assets Department, in conjunction with the Executive Director
• develop and monitor building operations budgets
• contract and supervise the cleaning, maintenance and front of house staff
• schedule and plan the cleaning, repair and annual maintenance of all building components outside of the production areas
• act as company liaison and maintain all service contracts for the building including IT, ticketing system, fire/alarm monitoring, elevators, photocopiers, phones, internet, and computer equipment
• source/order all necessities for security systems, maintenance, computers, cleaning, and offices
• ensure that the company is compliant with any legislation relating to human rights and accessibility and that appropriate staff is trained accordingly
• act as management-appointed Co-Chair for the Joint Health & Safety Committee, as per provincial guidelines, and be responsible for coordinating Health & Safety training
• revise all policies (in conjunction with other senior management members as per the policy) including Human Resources, Child Safety, Fire Safety, and Health & Safety; and ensure staff orientation and training in these policies
• work collaboratively with the senior management team to support programs, events and the educational mandate at YPT.
• Strong background in administration, IT and building management in a performing arts facility
• Senior management experience
• Excellent written, communication, and organizational skills
Experience in the planning and execution of performing arts capital projects would be an asset.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to: email@example.com by 5 pm, Monday, February 17, 2014. While we thank those who have applied, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Young People’s Theatre (YPT), now in its 48th season, is Canada’s largest theatre for young audiences and currently produces and presents an 8-play season with an audience of 80,000+. Housed at a renovated, historical venue in Toronto, YPT works on a 468-seat Mainstage and a 115-seat Studio stage. Its operating budget is approximately $3.5 million. The family-friendly employee culture at YPT (given that hours are primarily daytime) encourages ingenuity, team-work, and an atmosphere of learning. YPT’s artistic policy focuses on arts and education – in fact, learning is at the centre of everything we do.