This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
The Cultural Services Department is currently recruiting for a Cultural Business and Events Manager. St. Albert has a strong grassroots cultural community with a history of celebrating arts and culture. The City has a well established cultural department focused on nurturing and developing the arts and cultural sector through direct delivery of programs and services, partnerships and collaborations throughout the community. We are looking for a creative, innovative, strategic individual with strong leadership and supervisory experience, marketing, communications and fund development. Experience in large event management, and capital project management, are important aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Cultural Services Director, the Business and Events Manager is responsible for several key areas that impact the entire Cultural Services Department including; coordinating departmental reporting, contributing to long term strategic planning and support and implementation of corporate initiatives, monitoring of departmental operating and capital budgets, leading the fund development, and marketing teams, and capital project management of key cultural projects. This position is also responsible for producing the Northern Alberta International Children’s Festival of the Arts.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the following areas:
• Strategic business planning
• Financial management including developing business cases
• Leading teams of employees including performance management, coaching and development
• Professional fund development and sponsorship campaigns in excess of $1M
• Marketing, public relations and advertising of events and performances in a large, soft-seat theatre
• Experience in planning and managing large, outdoor events or festivals (over 30,000 attendees)
• Organizational development, including board development
• Experience developing capital project plans including project management
HOURS OF WORK
Compressed work schedule of 72 hours bi-weekly (Monday - Friday, 8:00 – 5:00 with a regular day off every two weeks). There will be the occasional requirement for extra and evening hours, which could include attendance at meetings and events.
$98,876 - $120,298 per annum. In addition, the City of St. Albert offers a generous and comprehensive flexible benefit package.
• Degree in Business Administration, Recreation, Arts and Culture Management or a related field and 10 years experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Extensive experience required in arts and cultural management or related field.
• Exceptional written, interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Creative and innovative thinking and proven ability to transfer vision into strategy.
• Political acumen, conflict resolution and negotiation experience.
• Experience in building relationships with community agencies, government and funding bodies.
• Previous experience in a municipal environment is an asset.
• Membership in Arts/Culture related organizations is beneficial.
As part of the Cultural Services management team, the Manager will assist in the development of agenda reports, departmental budgets, monthly and quarterly reports as well as responding to information requests generated by Council, Senior Leadership and the public.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a satisfactory police information check.
Salary: $98,876 - $120,298 per annum.
City of St Albert
5 St. Anne Street
St. Albert, AB T8N 3Z9