This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
Province: Vancouver, British Columbia
Position: Company Manager
Deadline: March 29, 2019
Posted: March 5, 2019
Job Description / Duties
COMPANY RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serve as Ballet BC company representative with presenting and producing partners, as well as general public;
• Provide support for and communication with Company Artists and Representatives in a professional, efficient and timely manner;
• Work with Rehearsal Directors on company rehearsal schedule;
• Work with Artistic Director on specific projects;
• Track and manage Company and Artist time off;
• Keep, and as needed, provide all necessary company related data and statistics for public and private funders;
• Responsible for Work Safe reporting for Dancers – reporting to Finance Director;
• Maintain dancer records of overtime, meal breaks – report overtime to Financial Director.
PRODUCTION RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES
• Together with the Director of Production & Operations, create, execute and track artists’ budgets, and develop and advise on cost and payment of artistic performance expenses;
• Manage in-theatre artist hospitality;
• Manage all travel logistics for guest collaborators (flights ground hotel and per diem);
• Arrange company and production house seat holds;
• Keep, and as needed, provide all necessary production related data and statistics for public and private funders;
• Back stage door list for QET – preparation and management;
• Complimentary drink ticket distribution.
TOUR RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work closely with Director of Production & Operations to advance all Ballet BC engagements;
• Prepare annual tour expense budget in collaboration with Director of Production & Operations;
• Coordinate touring logistics to include travel, hotel and per diem distribution;
• Support Company Artists fully throughout touring experience including pre and post travel including local taxi voucher management;
• Together with Marketing Manager, coordinate and oversee all tour related marketing;
• Keep, and as needed, provide all necessary tour related data and statistics for public and private funders;
• Engage in planning outreach projects in relation to the company tour;
• Manage company applications for entry visas;
• Purchase supplemental insurance for emerging artists and guest artists and contractors as needed.
ARTIST RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES
• In collaboration with the Artistic Director, coordinate all aspects of artist auditions;
• Oversee and coordinate the Nutcracker auditions and rehearsals with the contracted guest company;
• Ensure compliance with relevant agreements as to benefits, pay and work rules;
• Liaise with the Marketing Manager, for artistic marketing requests;
• Manage all aspects of projecting, and verifying artists’ payroll and other in collaboration with the Finance Director;
• In collaboration with Finance Director, oversee unemployment claims, holiday pay, etc.;
• Provide oversight and coordination of Physical Therapy and Wellness program and contract staff.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• A Bachelors or higher degree from an accredited university or college in a related field, or equivalent experience;
• Five years of successful experience in artistic coordination and relationship building;
• Strong project management skills with the ability to balance multiple projects, competing demands, and changing priorities.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Natural facilitator and communicator, with confidence to communicate with a variety of people
• Strict attention to detail
• Able to collaborate, and able to take leadership roles when needed
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team that may comprise individuals with varied personalities and working styles.
• Ability to set priorities, balance demands of multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
• Meticulous attention to detail, strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Outstanding communication skills.
• Experience working in the arts and with artists is preferred, with particular interest in the mission, programs, and future plans of Ballet BC.
Ballet BC is an equal opportunity employer.
At Ballet BC, we live and create on the unceded traditional territories of the Coast Salish peoples of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Please send your CV and Letter of Intent via email to:
Attention: Human Resources
Combining classical integrity with a contemporary sensibility, Ballet BC is a creation-based company of 18 talented dancers from Canada and around the world that is committed to exploration and collaboration in contemporary dance. Solidly grounded in the rigour and artistry of classical ballet, with an emphasis on innovation and the immediacy of the 21st century, the company presents a distinct and diverse repertoire of the most sought-after Canadian and international contemporary ballet choreography.
Ballet BC presents a distinct and diverse repertoire of the most sought-after Canadian and international contemporary ballet choreography. While presenting a season of three productions in Vancouver the company continues its commitment to perform highly acclaimed productions on regional, national and international tours.