This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Working for the Head Carpenter, the Carpenter is responsible for assisting in the set-up and dismantling operations during transfers as well as the proper operation, maintenance and repair of all scenic elements, equestrian footing and other technical areas on site.
• Working as a team to execute the set-up/tear down of all scenic elements and the equestrian footing during the transfers;
• Working as a team to perform necessary maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting in order to maintain the all scenic elements and the equestrian footing in excellent condition;
• Operating scenic elements, and assisting the backstage manager during shows, rehearsals and media events;
• Ensuring of smooth and safe operations during rehearsals, shows and media events;
• Updating, replacing and maintaining scenic elements in collaboration with the technical department;
• Managing teams of local employees;
• Loading and unloading trucks and flatbeds as per loading plans;
• Participating in all necessary safety training courses as well as training for emergency rescue procedures;
• Performing all other duties and tasks required to ensure that shows run smoothly and safely.
• Experience in a similar job is an asset;
• Touring experience is an asset;
• Managerial experience;
• Ability to drive a forklift and operate other heavy machinery;
• Ability to perform physical tasks;
• Interested in touring full-time with the show in Asia and authorized to travel and work in foreign countries.
Salary: To be discussed. Transportation, lodging, food and per diem are provided on tour.
Interested candidates should send their resume to:
Fax : (514) 879-9003 E-mail :
Cavalia Inc. is an entertainment company that specializes in the creation, production and touring of innovative shows. Founded by Normand Latourelle, the company reimagines the equestrian and theatrical arts. With its headquarters in Montreal, Cavalia Inc. is an integral part of Canada’s cultural heritage, and the largest Canadian-owned cultural enterprise. Its expertise in high technology, multimedia and special effects creates magical, unique, never-before-seen experiences. Its first show, Cavalia, has been seen by more than 4 million people across North America, Europe, Australia, the Middle East and Asia since its 2003 debut. Odysseo, the company’s second show, has toured to rave reviews and public acclaim since its 2011 premiere.