This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Other
Audience Development Officer – Full time, Permanent
Audience development is the long-term process of encouraging and assisting people in the community to become engaged and more deeply involved in the arts. This full-time, permanent position includes graphic design, production and distribution, communication, media relations, social media, online advertising and website maintenance.
The Audience Development Officer is responsible for:
- Collecting information from producing artists and developing a marketing strategy, visuals and season brochure for the Society’s presentation season and other special events
- Create marketing campaigns as needed for presentations
- Liaising with media and suppliers
- Writing press releases and copy
- Maintain and build on the Centre’s social media presence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Designing ad creative for newspaper, periodicals and online
- Designing posters, banners, handbills, postcards, vouchers, signs and other materials
- Printing posters, handbills and other materials using the Centre’s commercial grade printer and cutter
- Maintenance, design and development of the Centre’s multiple websites
- Arrange load in, load out and reception dates with non profit art groups for exhibits in the Coatcheck Gallery.
Required skills include: Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite 6, particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Experience in printing and the final production of materials including posters and programmes. Communication, both written and verbal. Experienced with social media including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and related tools. Computer literacy and the ability to use Microsoft Office.
The work is challenging and deadline oriented so organization and time management skills are a must. The Audience Development Officer will report to the Executive Director and work closely to support the Artistic Director and Community Engagement Coordinator.
This is a full time position starting as soon as possible. This position offers competitive remuneration and a benefits package is available.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those advancing in the process will be contacted.
To review the full job description and information on how to apply, please visit the Centre’s website at www.vdpac.ca/employment
The Vernon and District Performing Arts Centre is the premier entertainment venue in the charming city of Vernon, British Columbia. Situated conveniently between Vancouver, British Columbia and Calgary Alberta, Vernon is the largest city in the North end of the picturesque Okanagan Valley.
Built in 2001, this facility boasts well-appointed backstage areas, a superb support staff and one of the most comfortable auditoriums in the province. Enjoy superior sound coverage and quality with less reliance on rental gear with the Centre's exceptional Meyer Mina digital sound system installed in 2013.