This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Technical
The Assistant Technical Director reports to the Production Manager/Technical Director (PM/TD). They will supervise in conjunction with the PM/TD all technical elements of the shows. They will lead student crews in various technical crew calls such as (but not limited to); Set building, set installation, set painting, lighting hangs and focuses and more.
• Must be proficient in the use of the tools in the shop i.e. table saw, chop saw, band saw, etc.
• Must be able to read technical drawings
• Must be good with students/working in an educational setting
• Must lead the installation of various sets with a student crew
• Must know how to read a lighting plot and lighting paperwork
• Must lead the hang and focuses of each show with a student crew
• Knowledge of scenic painting is an asset, but not a requirement
• Being able to sew with an industrial or home sewing machine is an asset, but not a requirement
• Knowledge of the ETC Element and ETC Sensor 3 dimmers is an asset, but not a requirement
• We produce 4 shows a year; 2 in the Fall term and 2 in the Spring term (aka Winter term).
• There will be approximately 250 hours over the course of the contract.
• Some shows will require more hours than others, as some shows have higher production values.
• This job is an independent contract. You are not an employee of Trinity Western University.
• Insurance through WorkSafe BC or another independent company is required and reimbursed.
• Liability insurance is required.
• Being of Christian faith is an asset but not required.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Kate Muchmore Woo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary: $2500 lump sum per term for a total of $5000
Kate Muchmore Woo
Assistant Professor of Theatre
Interim Department Chair
Trinity Western University
Established in 1962, Trinity Western University (TWU) is a fully accredited institution and a member of Universities Canada since 1984. Trinity Western offers 42 undergraduate and 18 graduate degree programs. More importantly, lives are changed at TWU through its whole-person, Christ-centred approach to education. With a wide array of programs, TWU equips leaders of character and competence to make a positive impact in the lives of others.