This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Management
• Supervise and oversee all aspects of conference development, implementation and execution.
• Prepare and provide comprehensive timelines and work plans as required.
• Work within a specified budget.
• Selection, scheduling and supervision of conference volunteers in their activities to support on-site Conference.
• Management, coordination and supervision of conference Exhibit Hall.
• Management, coordination and supervision of print/media needs including website, conference program, etc.
• Liaison with the conference committee, CAPACOA staff, the Sponsorship & advertising Coordinator, with the conference hotel and suppliers.
The production and submission of a detailed conference report/analysis after the event, as well as interim progress and financial reports to Executive Director are required.
This position requires both evening and weekend work during the conference. The ability to maintain a flexible schedule during the planning, and to be on site for the duration of the event are required. The contract requires a commitment of approximately 150 – 175 hours in total.
• Minimum two years experience in event management.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent computer skills and software knowledge.
• Excellent ability to interact and communicate in a positive manner with a diverse clientele; excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to formulate creative ideas, analyze, evaluate and negotiate details leading to a successful event.
• Ability to work with limited supervision and as part of team.
• Bilingual in English and French (written / oral) is an asset.
Term: Contract, May 1st, 2010 to December 1st, 2010
Salary: Total Contract: $6,500.00 + GST
Please send resume with cover letter and references by March 31st to:
CAPACOA (Canadian Arts Presenting Association) is seeking a Conference manager for the 2010 CAPACOA conference held in Ottawa November 5 to the 8, 2010. The position reports to the Executive Director of CAPACOA.