This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Production
• Review and consolidate all production info and technical specs on venues
• Contact all artists and compile production and technical requirements
• Manage all communication between artists and production including completion of artist technical contracts
• Prepare technical equipment requirements, production schedules, and crew calls per venue
• Prepare preliminary and final production budgets
• Participate in planning meetings throughout the duration of the contract
• Contact technical equipment and crew supply companies as needed
• Negotiate and prepare technical equipment and crew supply contracts
• Provide relevant info to artists – venue maps, tech specs, schedules and itinerary
• Co-ordinate and supervise technical and artist set-ups, technical rehearsals, showcases and performances and strikes and returns
• Co-ordinate and supervise technical needs of pitch sessions and other workshops, and/or conference programming as required
The production and submission of a detailed production report/analysis after the event, as well as interim progress reports to Executive Director are required.
This position requires both evening and weekend work during the conference. The ability to maintain a flexible schedule during the planning, and to be on site for the duration of the event are required. The contract requires a commitment of approximately 125 hours in total.
Please note that the CAPAPCOA conference showcase program has changed from previous years. The new format includes mini-showcases in the hotel, a small ‘in-the-clubs’ event and some performance activity in presenting venues in Ottawa. Several “non-performance” aspects of the conference programming are new and will fall under the responsibility of the Production Manager. Details will be provided during interviews.
• Minimum five years experience in production management
• Knowledge of Ottawa venues
• Familiarity with contract development
• Ability to work with limited supervision and as part of team
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• A reliable commitment to timelines, budgets and communication
• Bilingual in English and French (written / oral) is an asset
Term: Contract, April 15th, 2010 to November 15th, 2010
Salary: Total Contract: $6000.00 + GST
Please send resume with cover letter and references by March 26th to:
CAPACOA (Canadian Arts Presenting Association) is seeking a Production Manager for the 2010 CAPACOA conference held in Ottawa November 5 to the 8, 2010. The position reports to the Executive Director of CAPACOA, and works closely with the Conference Manager.