This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: Technical
Duties will include, but not limited to;
- Assist with load in & load outs
- Will be part of the running crew as required
- Stage & scenery maintenance
Specific skills will include, but not be limited to;
- Operation and maintenance of motorized stage equipment and scenery
- Carpentry skills
- Able to read and understand designer blue prints
- Proficient Rigging Skills
- Able to drive a 5 ton truck
- Supervise crews when required
The Assistant Stage Carpenter will have excellent communication skills and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations. Must be flexible in outlook and approach to the position and be diplomatic in dealing with crews, cast, stage managers and all other staff
- Experience as running crew in a ‘fly house’
Preference will be given for the following;
- Level 1 First Aid certificate
- Pyrotechnic and Firearms certificate
- At least 3 years experience as a stage carpenter in a professional theatre
Salary: IATSE 118 / ACT collective agreement group #2
Applicants are invited to submit their resumes to;
Technical Director Stanley Theatre
Arts Club Theatre Company
1585 Johnston Street
Only those applicants being considered will be contacted.
The Arts Club Theatre is currently accepting applications for the position of Part-Time Regular Assistant Stage Carpenter.
Hours of employment will be as required, depending on the specific demands of respective productions.
The Assistant Stage Carpenter will work under the supervision of the Technical Directors and / or the Stage Carpenter and will assist with load in and load out and be part of the running crew when required. May be asked to fill in for the Stage Carpenter in case of absence.