What's New > ESTA Standards Watch - November 14, 2018
November 14, 2018
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available at http://estalink.us/3cepi.
- News items in this issue include:
- Half a Dozen ESTA Standards in Public Review
- Four ESTA Standards Approved by ANSI
- New TSP Website with Improved Navigation
- WTO TBTs: plastic bags in Burundi; IoT security in Japan, LED lamps in China
- ANSI Public Review Announcements: electrical protection for telecoms; impact-resistant gloves; telecoms pathways & spaces; safety for steel tanks for combustible liquids; safety code for elevators & escalators; elevator & escalator electrical equipment.
- New ANS Projects: social media in public safety communications; core competencies for public safety communications technicians; standard for followspot positions erected for short-term use; generic telecoms cabling for customer premises; commercial building telecoms cabling; telecoms infrastructure for schools; software development and cybersecurity evaluation; test methods for determining A/V energy efficiency.
- Final Actions on ANSs: LON over IP; three-phase transformers, 2500 kvA and smaller; environmental leadership and corporate social responsibility; safety for nonmetallic bulk containers for combustible liquids; safety for motor control centers.
- Draft IEC & ISO Documents: mobile elevating work platforms; brazing quality; taxonomy of systems of systems; generic cabling for customer premises; lightning risk management, environmental management; JPEG 2000; JPEG XS transport and container formats; 3D audio reference software; uninterruptible power systems; low-voltage electrical installations; HES interfaces; customer premises cabling.
- Recently Published IEC & ISO Docs: low-voltage electrical installations, safety services; non-linear PCM encoded audio; synchronizing audio and video; implementing landslide early warning systems; knowledge management systems; chain of custody of wood and wooden products; structural timber visual strength grading.
- TSP Meeting Schedules for NAMM and USITT
- TSP Donors Who Have Made Long-Term, Multi-Year Pledges
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →