The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Five ESTA docs in public review.
- Call for interest in a weapons safety working group.
- Version 2.0 of International Code of Practice for Entertainment Rigging now available.
- New UK product regulation regime.
- WTO Technical Barriers to Trade: high-risk special products in China; heating and cooling equipment in the USA; and electronic chart and navigational equipment in the waters of the USA.
- ANSI public reviews: MERV 11 filters for residences, dropping MERV 6; seismic provisions for steel buildings; due diligence in sourcing legal timber; installing panelboards; proper care of deadfront switchboards; using CO2 to control demand control ventilation; and NEMA motors and generators.
- BSI public review: health and well-being in buildings.
- New ANS projects: media communications following a mass fatality incident; victim accounting in mass fatality events; audio coverage of a listening area; exterior lighting for parks; criteria for evaluating abusive handling of firearms; portable UV germicidal equipment; trustworthiness of IoT system/service; and real-time IoT.
- Final approvals of ANSs: temporary lighting strings; lever hoists, and two IT security standards.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: numerical control systems; smaor transportation; civil works sustainability; cybersecurity; authentication systems; construction drawings; SQL and OLAP; industrial internet and industrial automation; 19 Field Device Integration standards; public information guidance systems; 7-way connectors; low-voltage overcurrent protection; four CPF standards; IoT transport; and digital nameplates.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: amusement ride safety inspections; industrial systems structuring principles; IoT architecture; IoT discovery; ergonomics of human-system interaction, part 311; and COLLADA.
- TSP meeting schedule for NAMM.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, the current list of supporters for ESTA's TSP.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →