The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available at http://estalink.us/lmy5e. It includes a modified meeting schedule for the October TSP meetings at the Marriott Solana. Please note that the cut-off date for the $109 hotel room rate is September 21.
News items in this issue include:
- Half a Dozen ESTA Standards Available for Review
- Share Your Thoughts on Sharing
- WTO TBTs: imports into Kenya, US chemical uses, EU power transformers, Israeli AV equipment
- ANSI Public Reviews: gymnasium acoustics, welding curtains, laminated flooring, safety of electical measuring/testing equipment, BACnet, green buildings, welding energy calculation, powered hoisting systems, FDT spec part 315, floor underlayment, more BACnet, struck tools, composite parts drawings, IEEE 802.11aj for Chinese millimeter bands, SQL, OSI and more OSI, cloud computing, network security, OfficeOpen XML, Universal character set, Open Visualization Format, NFPA exhaust systems, and NFPA fire brigades.
- CSA Public Reviews: CEC over-current protection; safety functions incorporating electronic technology.
- DIN Public Review: structured cabling for media and sound technology.
- New ANS Projects: rotating shaft alignment, ergonomic guidelines for furniture, office furniture, and UL standards for electrical tape for Canada & the USA.
- New American National Standards: wooden ladders, robot arc welding training and testing cells, rainwater collection systems, wireless LAN MAC & PHY, industrial control panels in hazardous locations, and cord sets and power supply cords.
- Draft IEC & ISO Docs: aluminum castings; displays; shocking effects; LED control gear; welding rules; cognitive accessibility; mobile work platforms; ultrasonic testing; brazing; software life cycles; industrial communication networks; high-pressure cleaners; anodizing aluminum; carbon footprint; space safety; welding electrodes; authenticity, integrity, and trust for products and documents; competence requirements for information security testers; and loT reference architecture.
- TSP Meeting Schedule (Make your hotel reservations! The $109 hotel rate cut-off is Sept. 21.)
- TSP Donors Who Have Made Long-Term, Multi-Year Pledges.
- Updated Investors in Innovation list. THANK YOU for your support!
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1