What's New > ESTA Standards Watch - October 17, 2018
October 18, 2018
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available at http://estalink.us/lgo22.
News items in this issue include:
- Four ESTA Standards Available for Review
- Revised EU EcoDesign Draft Available for Comment
- Roadmap for Unmanned Aircraft Systems Released for Comment
- CM Boot Camp at Rock Lititz
- NIST, ANSI, and Partners Release Internet of Things–Enabled Smart City Framework
- WTO TBTs: building products in Argentina; power supplies, light sources, luminaires, electronic displays in the EU; “light bulbs” in Mozambique
- ANSI Public Reviews: basic boating knowledge; brazed joint strength; oxyfuel gas welding steel; National Green Building Standard; inverter duty motor safety; mass evacuation, sheltering, and re-entry programs; pre-incident planning; worker hearing loss prevention; occupational health and safety management; designing welded joints in machinery; tubular fluorescent retrofit LED lamps; BACnet BIBBs; testing fall protection products; measuring gross areas; and 802.11ak part 11.
- CSA Public Reviews: safety functions incorporating electronic technology, receptacle connections in industrial structures having more than one supply.
- DIN Public Review Announcement: structured media cabling systems
- New ANS Projects: ESD protection; bonding & grounding telecomm & ICT systems; IXP & OIX for Internet and data centers.
- New American National Standards: A14.3 ladders, AWI 0620 carpentry; E1.1 wire rope ladders; E1.60 raked stages; IES TM-33 optical data; IES RP-8 roadway and parking facility lighting; NEMA WC76 controlled impedance shielded twisted pairs; UL 110 mobile phone sustainability; UL 3030 unmanned aircraft systems safety; UL 1008 transfer switch equipment; UL 1998 Software in programmable components; UL 60034-1 rotating electrical machines.
- Draft IEC & ISO Docs: Safety of machinery; Internet of Things; FDI profiles; video surveillance video transmission protocols; unmanned aircraft systems; non-destructive weld testing; bases for design of structures, accidental actions due to human activities; interface definition language (IDL); sustainable cities and communities.
- Recently Published IEC & ISO Docs: IEC 62368-1 AV equipment safety requirements; ISO 16300-1
- automation systems and integration; ISO 22326 emergency management; ISO/TS 22331 business continuity management; ISO 22381 guidelines to deter counterfeiting and illicit trade; ISO 23932 fire safety engineering; ISO 22395 guidelines for supporting vulnerable persons; ISO 8139 dimensions of cylinder rod-end spherical eyes; ISO 8140 dimensions of cylinder rod-end clevises; ISO/TS 8100-21 lifts for persons and goods.
- TSP Meeting Schedule for NAMM in Anaheim
- TSP Donors Who Have Made Long-Term, Multi-Year Pledges
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →