What's New > ESTA Standards Watch - October 11, 2017
October 12, 2017
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available at http://estalink.us/wpps1.
News items in this issue include:
- ANSI Approves E1.58-2017, Standard for Stage and Studio Equipment Outdoors
- Active Shooter Advice from the DHS
- OSHA's New Silica Standards
- Prepare for Loss of 600 MHz Band
- FCC Proposes Sales of Toll-Free Numbers
- ANSI Asks for Comments on an ISO Consumer Privacy Project
- WTO TBTs: drones in France, hearing assistance & mics in Switzerland, silica & evacuation signs in Uganda
- ANSI reviews: explosives, ammunition, automation security, four-pair cable, CNC lathes, drones, e-cigs, etc.
- BSI public review: rivets!
- CSA public reviews: EMC and automation security
- Call for ANSI Committee Members: ASC O1 – Safety Requirements for Woodworking Machinery
- New ANS Projects: zip lines, fall protection, Green buildings, maintenance testing of electrical power equipment
- New/Revised ANSs:holiday decorations, polymeric materials, arc-fault quenching, boating knowledge, etc.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: displays, LED binning, additive manufacturing, software, tongue image analysis, etc.
- New IECC & ISO docs: lamp control gear, UPSs, renewable energy systems, USB specs, etc.
- TSP Meeting Schedule
- Investors in Innovation and multi-year pledge donors, supporters of ESTA's TSP: Thank you!
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →