November 13, 2020
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- A quartet of TSP standards in public review.
- New ESTA standards projects: hoist control and SPD.
- Six-month update to The Event Safety Alliance Reopening Guide released.
- USITT Technical Production Commission updates COVID-19 guides.
- FCC revises white space rules.
- Call for workshop proposals for US-China SCACP workshops.
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notifications: radio frequency bands in Brazil; repairability of appliances and laptop computers in France; lithium-ion batteries, elevating work platforms, critical network devices, and A/V equipment in China.
- ANSI public reviews: cranes and monorails; UL and ASTM fire test standards; welding and cutting safety; environmentally conscious design.
- BSI public reviews: home electronic system audio interconnection and smart locks.
- DIN public review: ambient light in digital cinemas.
- Public input on NFPA 101 accepted.
- New ANS projects: worker health program management; revision of ESTA's manual counterweight system standard; NFPA standards for commissioning fire & life safety systems, flame effects, fire-retardant wood and coatings, evaluating unlabeled electrical equipment; and UL standard for single-pole, separable connectors.
- Final actions on American National Standards: networked parking lot lighting; gas-fired patio heaters; eight addenda to ASHRAE/IES 90.1; IPv6 host and router profiles; storm shelters; NFPA standards for grandstands, symbols, two-way radios; rescue tools, smoke and heat venting, manufacture home installation, flammable material spraying and dipping, stationary engines, emergency medical services, fire safety for manufactured home sites, underground spaces, smoke control systems, and industrial machine electrical safety; UL standards for rotating electrical machine safety, robots, and adjustable speed power drive systems (adoption of an IEC standard).
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: building intercoms; the competence of competence assessors; industrial automation security; social media in emergency management; software architecture, cybersecurity and privacy protection; tornado zone warning signs; sex toy safety; power converter safety; and home electronic system grouping.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: numeric keyboards; chain of custody; escape signs; explosive space systems; generic coding of moving pictures; smart cities; virtual, augmented, and mixed reality catalog model; and lithium-ion space batteries.
- TSP meeting schedule with no meetings—but more to come.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.