posted on 6:10 AM, November 12, 2019
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Fifteen ESTA standards available for public review.
- Tickets on sale for ESTA’s Happy Hour for Behind the Scenes.
- Nominations open for the ESTA Lifetime Technical Achievement Award.
- Comments requested on U.S. proposal for a new field of ISO activity on awards.
- UL seeks STP 1640 members.
- NATEAC calls for presenters.
- WTO Technical Barriers to Trade: chemicals in the USA, EU, Ukraine, and New Zealand; lead shot in the EU
- ANSI public reviews: electrical conduit; flame-proofing Christmas trees; storm shelter design; procuring snow & ice management services; and eight IES standards about science, practice, and methods.
- CSA public reviews changing the CEC.
- DIN public review for safety cables.
- New ANS projects: Cat 4, 5, &5e cable; standard for lighting control user interface; IPv6 host & router profiles; LED entertainment luminaire low-end dimming; eight IES practice and method projects; six NFPA projects about AHJ qualifications, electrical inspections, dust explosions, lightning protection, and stationary energy storage systems.
- New American National Standards: Seven addenda to ANSI/ASRHAE/ICC/USGBC/IES Standard 189.1-2017; building material fire tests; selecting welding cables; solid-state lighting controls; projecting long-term LED output; seven NFPA standards including the NEC, the LPG code, and others covering boats, dust explosions, and radioactive materials (which would include metal-halide lamps containing Kr-85); earned value management: and a UL standard for AV cabinet and rack safety.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: IoT; building automation; people assessment services; IT cabling infrastructure and equipment; safety signs; and Smart Body Area Network docs.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: Fieldbus safety; low-voltage switchgear control devices interface, environmentally conscious design, JPEG 2000; conformity assessment principles; competence of standards professionals; high efficiency media delivery; and smart city ICT indicators.
- TSP January 2020 meeting schedule.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program. Thank you!
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.