What's New > ESTA Standards Watch - March 30, 2021
March 30, 2021
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Seven ESTA standards in public review.
- Two new ESTA standards published.
- Apply to serve on the 2024 IECC Development Committees.
- Behind the Scenes offers mental health toolbox.
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notification: electrical machinery and parts, audio/visual recorders and parts in Brazil.
- ANSI public reviews: flame tests for building materials; fire terminology; web services for control networking; winches; Green Globes and commercial buildings; face protection from spurting bodily fluid; and NFPA compressed gasses and cryogenic fluids.
- BSI public review: electromagnetic exposure from lighting equipment.
- CSA public reviews: self-retracting fall arrest devices, and electric fence energizers.
- DIN public review: a framework for digital preservation of cinematographic works.
- New ANS projects: safety requirements for rigging qualifications; safety of receptacles with integral switches; fall descent controllers; ring gaskets for toilets and urinals; low-voltage switchgear enclosures; and passenger ropeways and aerial lifts.
- Final approvals on American National Standards: ESTA's E1.15 and ES1.7; full body harness safety; portable ventilation systems; flame tests for building materials; evaluating fire risks; vaccine storage; and safety of single-pole, locking connectors.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: interpretation sheet for IEC 61000-3-2, harmonic current limits; real-time IoT; hiking & trekking; four standards about luminaires; amusement rides; smart transportation and buses; more amusement rides; risk management vocabulary; three more IoT standards; HR employee engagement guidelines; and registered safety symbols for doors that open right and for doors that open left.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: rotating electrical machine standard for $8,936.00; laser product safety standard for $2,842.00; machinery safety; USB power; smart city concepts; quality management; three standards for eye and face protection; project & portfolio management; IoT chattel asset monitoring; robustness of AI neural networks; information security management; global transport data management; and key definitions for women's entrepreneurship.
- TSP meeting schedule for April and July.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →