posted on 7:18 AM, January 31, 2019
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available at http://estalink.us/muwpm.
News items in this issue include:
- ETCP Portable Power Distribution Certification Exams Translated to French
- FCC News: Open Meeting on for February 14
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade Notifications for Mexico and El Salvador
- ANSI Public Reviews: developing an Active Shooter/Armed Assailant Plan, sleep-tracking devices and apps.
- BSI Public Reviews: structural use of aluminium; lighting products inrush current; revisions to Eurocode 3 design of steel structures
- DIN Public Review: drives and control systems for safety-related equipment
- New ANS Projects: energy-sensing fire detectors, IES guide to application distance specific radiometry
- New American National Standards: SQL and lots of Open Systems Interconnection
- Draft IEC & ISO Documents: ergonomics, power transformers, lamps for off-the-grid, low-voltage switchgear, efficiency of AC motors, DC power drives, classification of steel
- Recently Published IEC & ISO Documents: MPEG, overview of resistance welding.
- TSP Meeting Schedule for USITT Conference
- TSP Donors Who Have Made Long-Term, Multi-Year Pledges
- Updated Investors in Innovation list, the generous supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.